Owner – Dinney Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd
Guest – The person who makes a reservation/booking whether online, by phone or in person.
Property – The Rookery, Kingfisher, Cart, Duck and Drake Holiday cottages at The Dinney Farm, Chelmarsh, Bridgnorth, Shropshire WV16 6AU
The conditions of rental are between the Guest and the Property Owner. The contract is deemed to have been made once the Guest has paid a deposit and the Owner has dispatched a final confirmation of booking. The Guest must be over 18 years at the time of booking.
A reservation or booking for accommodation in the Property is accepted by the Owner as provisional only and does not constitute acceptance until the reservation/booking is checked, the deposit has been paid by cleared funds and a confirmation is issued by the Owner
The Guest is be responsible for all persons included in the booking and should ensure that they are all aware of these terms & conditions. The Owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied fully with these terms & conditions.
Number of People using the Property
The Owners permit the Guest and members of the Guest’s party notified at the time of booking (but no one else) to occupy the Property. No more than the maximum number of persons stated on the website at www.thedinney.co.uk may occupy a the reserved Property unless by prior written agreement with the Owner. Extra charges may be applicable.
Provisional bookings will be held for a maximum of seven days. A non-refundable deposit of one third of the total cost of the booking is required to confirm the reservation, the balance is due 42 days before arrival and can be paid by cheque, cash, BACs or credit/debit card. The Guest can agree to pay the balance of the payment due on arrival at the Property ONLY by prior arrangement by the owner. If a Guest fails to pay their balance by the due date the booking may be cancelled and the deposit retained.
Cancellation by The guest
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us be email or in writing. If the booking is cancelled by the guest 1 month before arrival the balance will only be repaid if the property has been relet. The guest will be responsible for any difference in cost ie Late availability price reduction.
We strongly recommend Travel and cancellation insurance for your peace of mind.
Cancellation by Dinney Farm Country Cottages
The property reserve the right to cancel your holiday in advance for any reason which seems sufficient to us we will then refund any money paid to us for your stay.
If for any reason the property has to terminate your holiday early a refund will be given based on the days remaining of your stay. No additional compensation will be given nor expenses or costs payable.
Cancellation by a third party
For cancellations due to a third party ie Government rulings each booking will be dwelt with individually and various options offered.
The Property (unless otherwise agreed) are available for occupation from 4.00 pm on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10.00 am on the final day.
Guests are responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition otherwise a cleaning charge will be payable. Please note Guests are expected to leave the Property in a similar state to which they find it (reasonable cleaning excepted). Please abide by this convention so we can continue to provide good value for our cottages.
The Guest may only bring dogs that are booked in and paid for by the Guest at the time of booking. A charge will be made per dog per day.
All dogs must be well-behaved and should not be left unattended in the Property. Dogs are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture in the Property. If damage or extra cleaning is caused by dogs the Guest will be billed for that charge. Please note that outside areas are not guaranteed as secure for dogs.
The Owner cannot be held responsible for any perceived inadequacies in any of the Property that are not as such faults. Property descriptions and all details both written and verbal are given in good faith and believed to be correct, but interpretation thereof can be subjective and as such their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Property details may vary over time from photographs and descriptions on the website.
Any dispute arising out of the booking will be between the Guest and the Owner. No complaints can be considered unless notified during the Guest’s stay in the Property. It is the duty of Guests to minimise any loss to them and therefore it is their responsibility to inform the Owner at the earliest possible opportunity of any problem. The Owner is not responsible for resolving any complaints arising from the holiday in question. Accidents howsoever caused during the holiday are not the liability of the Owner. Complaints received after departure cannot be accepted as the Owner will have no opportunity to resolve the complaint at the time.
- The charging of Electric Vehicles. We have, at great expense to ourselves and for the convenience of our guests, installed 2 EV Charging Points. These are situated near the front of Kingfisher Cottage and are available for all guests to use. We will NO LONGER TOLERATE the charging of vehicles from within the cottages. There is no exception to this and anyone charging their vehicles this way can expect a supplementary charge of £50.00. We do not mean to cause any offence and hope you can understand our position on this.
- The supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Guest at all times.
- Guests agree to inform Owners of any damage or loss howsoever caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. Guests should not remove any item from the Property. The Owner may ask for reasonable replacement costs should any contents be missing.
- Guests should not cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of any nearby Property.
- Guests should put all furniture etc back to where it was at the beginning of the rental period.
- Guests should not leave any items at the Property and, if left, the Owner will hold for 14 days and if not claimed the owner has the right to dispose of the items. Any return of items left will occur postage charges. There will also be a charge for the removal or disposal of any items items.
- Guests should allow reasonable access to the Property by the Owner for maintenance subject to the Owner giving reasonable notice.
- If, in the opinion of the Owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the Property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other third parties, the contract may be treated by the Owner as discharged and the Owner may repossess the Property immediately. The Guest will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund shall be given.
- The Owner reserves the right to charge a security deposit payable to Dinney Farm Holiday Cottages Ltd.
Wildlife and Farmland
The Property is in beautiful rural area. Please therefore expect to meet some wildlife, including the odd spider, mouse, bird, fly, bee, wasp or other creature, which may make their way into the Property. The Owners reserve the right to take no action if they do not consider the existence of the wildlife to be a threat to health.
When walking on adjacent farmland please ensure that all gates you find closed are closed behind you. Please do not walk across planted fields unless following a footpath. Please beware of livestock at all times.
The Owner cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the Property, its plumbing, gas, electrical services or exceptional weather. The Guest’s property including motor vehicles, clothing and personal possessions is kept at the Property entirely at the Guest’s risk and should be adequately insured by the Guest at all times.
No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property, (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Guest or any member of the party during their occupancy.
Smoking and Fire Safety
The Owner has a No Smoking Policy within Property. Any costs relating to the effects smoking inside the Property will be charged to the Guest. The guest is responsible for familiarising themselves with emergency exits and fire emergency plans. Fireworks are only allowed by prior arrangement.
Force Majeure & Waiver
The Owner cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, acts of God, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, or any other event outside its control.
The failure of the Owner to enforce or exercise, at any time or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right in the future.
Wifi is provide in all cottages free of charge for reasonable usage – we can not be held responsible for any loss of signal and no compensation will be offered if the WiFi coverage is disrupted.
The Guest agrees that the contract with the Owner is made at the Owner’s premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the Owner.
These booking conditions supersede all previous terms.